CoalMin was founded in 2015 by a group of innovative entrepreneurs who saw an opportunity to turn waste material in slurry ponds and dumps into value. At a time when legislative requirements were becoming a liability for our clients, the CoalMin value proposition to turn environmental liability into a mutually profitable exercise, for both client and CoalMin, was an attractive proposition. To achieve this objective, a highly competent staff compliment was required and a R&D capability needed to be built.
Our people are our greatest asset. Initiative, creativity and passion are the values that guide us in our commitment to offering superior service and creating the highest quality business solutions. We employ a diverse team with a wide range of expertise in various fields that include mechanical engineers with GCC, professionally accredited engineers (ECSA), chemical engineers, metallurgists, geologists and chemists. We believe in continuously investing in skills development and training which is what has given CoalMin enormous long-term human resources benefits.
CoalMin Process Technologies is an equal opportunity employer which has attained a Level 2 BBBEE - contributing 125% on the BEE scorecard. Our impressive team has the following combined experience in different areas:
- Mineral processing - over 30 years including iron ore, coal, and chrome, heavy mineral sands and ferrochrome slag
- Mechanical engineering - over 10 years
- Operations and maintenance - over 15 years
- R&D - over 15 years
- Equipment and design - over 15 years
- Project management - over 10 years
B.Tech - Metallurgical Engineering
Previously successfully managed various Metallurgical Departments; Thrive on improving and optimising Business models; Extensive experience in the Design, Build and Commissioning of new Processing Plants as well as Existing Plant optimisation and turnaround strategies; Leadership qualities, Unmatched Energy to strive
Try until you win, if you don't win first time around, try again
N.Dip. Metallurgical Engineering
Over 22 years in project management ( mining) from feasibility study, design, installation to hand over and operation
There is no obstacle too great, no challenge too difficult if we stand and work together. Simplify your life. I will never lose - either I win or I learn
Group Financial and Administration Officer
Responsible for the financial health, produce financial reports and develop strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of CoalMin
Over 25 years financial experience in various industries, including mining
Be good to your company and your company will be good to you
Our strong partnerships
Process Technologies are an integral part of our market offering. Therefore, CoalMin has forged strong partnerships with powerful technology owners. These technologies include magnetic separation, spirals, jiggs, classifier, shaking tables and density separators.
To become the preferred leader in beneficiation of fine minerals/coal within the SADAC mining and minerals industry
By deploying competent personnel, who develop and implement an improved process value chain, we aim to create value to our client's mineral resources. To increase process efficiencies and reduce environmental liability.
Why CoalMin? So what is the CoalMin difference?
- Our creative, innovative people take the initiative - Competent people build a competent company.
- Our passion - We are passionate about beneficiation of fines - #WeAreCoalMin
- Our diversity - CoalMin employs a diverse team with a wide range of expertise in various fields
- Our technology partners - CoalMin has forged lasting relationships with powerful technology partners that enable us to provide innovative solutions
- Our reliable applications and Eco-focussed approach ensure peace of mind for our clients
- Our forward focus - CoalMin reduces the total risk of processing by focusing on the outcome
- Our flexible business models - we do not use a one size fits solutions but rather an outcomes based approach to client needs
Our Affiliated Associations